Know Before You Go
To help you prepare, here's the information you need to know before you go.
Hotel & Transportation
5500 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
- Check In: 4 p.m. ET
- Check Out: 11 a.m. ET
- Cashless Property
- Resort Amenities (Event hotel rate includes the resort amenity fee.)
All participants who are staying ath the Tradewinds Resort will receive a resort amenities wristband. The wristband will grant them access to the resort amenities linked previously. Participants who are staying outside of the resort will not receive a wristband.
One parking space per bedroom is provided and included in your Resort Amenity Fee. Additional parking is based on availability at a charge of $25 per day. There is no additional parking available on holidays. Visitor Parking, Parking for buses, RVs, and trailers is based on availability and at an additional cost. Please contact Resort Security at 727.239.9645 in advance to make arrangements for these vehicles.
Transportation from Local Airports
Attendees are responsible for their own transportation between their chosen airport and our host hotel. The Tradewinds Island Grand Resort Transportation Services maintains a full fleet of vehicles and drivers for airport transportation. Call Resort Transportation at (727) 343-3303 for rates and availability. Transportation fees vary depending on how many people are in your group and what airport you need transportation to/from.
Conference Check In
Check in will take place from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, September 28 in the Grand Palm Colonnade. Please stop by to pick up your attendee badge and any other registration materials.
Should you need assistance onsite, text us at (513) 790-4466. Our team will work diligently to reply to texts as quickly as possible upon receipt. Please note that this number is unable to accept phone calls.
In lieu of a printed program, the mobile app will serve as your guide for all things Conference related. Use the following instructions to download the app:
- In your Apple or Android device, open the appropriate app store.
- Seach for "eShow Events" and click to download.
- In the Event Portal find Theatre Education Conference 2023 and click Download.
- When prompted, click Start.
- Use the navigation menu to explore the schedule and other event details.
The 2023 TEC mobile app is sponsored by On the Stage.
Tradewinds Resort provides Wi-Fi access both in guest rooms as well as across the resort. TEC participants can access Wi-Fi throughout the event and their stay. A few important notes:
- There are two separate networks to access Wi-Fi depending on your location. Guest rooms have one connection while another connection is available throughout the meeting rooms and other resort spaces.
- To ensure connectivity, guests will need to disconnect and reconnect to each network as they move from their room through the resort. The connection will not automatically switch from one network to the other.
- Login credentials for shared resort spaces are as follows:
- DOMAIN: twgroup
- PASSWORD: group5500
- Login credentials for guest rooms with be shared upon check-in at the resort.
On Friday, September 29, we encourage attendees to have lunch at one of the many resort dining options. We will break for lunch from 12:30pm to 2pm ET. Check out these webpages for more info about where to eat at the resort: Tradewinds Island Grand Dining.
The exhibit hall will be open from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, September 29 and Saturday, September 30. In addition to general hours, there are a few special programs and functions that will be hosted in the exhibit hall:
- Morning & Afternoon Hospitality – Stop in for a grab-and-go snack or beverage (check the schedule for specific times).
- Networking Receptions – Join us for a chance to network with exhibitors and eachother! The receptions will feature hors d'oeuvres and an open bar (Friday and Saturday evenings from 5 pm - 6:30pm).
- Exhibitor Passport – Get all squares initialed or stamped and turn in for prizes from our generous exhibitors! (Please note that not all exhibitors are present on the passport.)
Attendees are encouraged to dress comfortably while attending Conference. Some workshops may require/encourage movement, so attendees may want to pack clothing specifically for this purpose. Perticipants may want to pack layers in case interior spaces are cold.
We invite attendees to wear cocktail/semi-formal attire for the Closing Celebration to be held on Saturday, September 30 from 8-9:30 p.m ET.
In late September/early October, the weather in St. Pete Beach is often warm. Attendees may experience daytime temperatures in the high 80s with evening temperatures in the mid-high 70s. Be sure to check the forecast a day or two before the start of the event!
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Jobsite Theatre of Tampa is thrilled to offer discounted tickets for their production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead to TEC participants! Consider taking advantage of this offer on Friday, September 29 during our free evening. Attendees may use the discount code TEACH for 50% off.
Please note that attendees are responsible for their own transportation accomodations if traveling offsite.
Invitation Only and Ticketed EventsEdTA is partnering with HomeTown Ticketing for invitation only and ticketed events at TEC 2023.
Attendees registered for the following events will receive digital tickets via email the week of TEC:
- First Time Attendee Networking
- Chapter Leaders Dinner
All TEC attendees will receive a digital ticket via email for the Closing Celebration.
Note: Separate registration is not required for the Closing Celebration.